Sunday, July 15, 2012

Happy Bonnaroo 2012!

Here it is! The long-awaited Bonnaroo post. I'll let the pics speak for themselves for the most part, but I can't stress to you readers enough how amazing it was. It was everything I expected and more. If you have the chance to go, GO!

Wing-a-Fish? We had to stop. On the road to 'roo in nowhereville, Alabama.

WHOLE catfish indeed

Campsite

Thanks, mum for letting us drive the van across 4 states and then camp out of it for 4 days. You're the best!

Bf and brother in the tepee

Hair stayed like this for most of the trip because bangs and bonnaroo don't mix.  

Completely liberating to be sans makeup for so long.

Bf beer head


Lauren! sporting her tie dye big tee c/o moi

Bonnaroo becomes us if I do say so myself.

Bikinis tops were the uniform

The gangs all high here
NOOOO!

I am changed.

Only sunburn suffered was on my forehead
(you know, the part that never sees the light of day  because of my bangs).

Highlights of the experience were:
~Finally seeing Radiohead live (I could write an entire post on how magnificent this experience was!)
~Becoming completely entranced by The Shins on a cool, misty final day
~Dancing along with Santigold's booty-shaking backup dancers
~Having Leslie Feist's previously-perceived level on coolness blown out of the water (She is even more badass in person! Can you say, guitar goddess? She shredded that axe.)
~Experiencing Aziz Ansari's hilarious swagger firsthand at the comedy tent

No comments:

Post a Comment