Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy birthday again, America and blog! [Also, I'm nosy.]

Well, it's the anniversary of the signing of the declaration of independence and also the founding of this blog. It was a less than thrilling day for me. It rained all day, squashing my plans of sunbathing. However, I suppose I should be thankful that the rain stopped in time for the fireworks though. I do love fireworks. Overall, the day was spent baking cupcakes, watching movies, and hanging with Oats (one of my favorite ways to spend the day fyi). 


It's crazy to think I started this blog 2 years ago. So much has changed since then. 2011 was a complete wash with zero blog posts. [How did that happen? Oh yea, Dave happened.] But, I  vow to post more consistently with more consistent subject areas. I feel like I've accomplished so much in two years yet so much remains the same. Different yet the same. 


****Note: I've decided [like a second ago] to put my personal rants in italics. That way, people can skip over it if they like, and by people I mean me when I'm rereading my own posts [because I'm pretty sure I contribute to 95% of my own page views]. I've read lots of "blog advice" to never share personal information but that's exactly what I like to read. I'm nosy like that. And also, when did blogging get so far removed from journaling? I miss the livejournal days. I mean, where else can I turn when I'm overly emotional and over-reacting? If not my imaginary internet friends, then whom?





Vanilla and coconut cupcakes

Boobs hehe





No comments:

Post a Comment